Why is this exciting? We we continue to take all the feedback we get, especially the comments found here: http://github.com/Esri/ArcREST/issues and improve the package.
Some v3 highlights and what is coming when we finalize v3:
- New security handling (PKI, IWA, LDAP)
- AGOL metadata support (adding/updating, downloading, deleting)
- Improved back end code (you won't see it, but it's there)
- Standardized error handler
- 10.4 support
- Python 3 support(separate branch)
- This will be built on top of Python 3.4+
That's some of the what's coming/what's new!
If you are going to the Esri's 2015 User Conference in San Diego, I will be presenting on ArcREST