The data access module has the following functions:
- ExtendTable - Joins the content of a numpy array based on a common attribute field. This is like a table join but more flexible.
- FeatureClassToNumPyArray - this convert a feature class to a numpy structured array
- ListDomains - Lists the attribute domains in a geodatabase
- ListReplicas - Lists replicas in a work space
- ListSubtypes - returns a dictionary of subtypes for a table or feature class
- ListVersions - list the versions in the work space
- NumPyToFeatureClass - converts a numpy array to a point feature class
- NumPyToTable - converts a numpy array to a table
- TableToNumPyArray - converts a table to numpy array
The data access classes:
- Domain - the domain object properties that describes an attribute domain
- Editor - editor class allows use of edit sessions and operations to manage database transactions. This means rollbacks, and better error handling!
- InsertCursor - adds new rows to a table or feature class
- Replica - contains properties of a replica
- SearchCursor - read only access to a table or feature class
- UpdateCursor - allows read/write access to a table or feature class. This is what you use to update or delete a row.
- Version - contains properties that describe a version.
I plan on detailing these items in future posts.